Monday, November 25, 2013

Made In America - Fenton Art Glass



I told Charley he could buy me a pair of Fenton teardrop earrings for Christmas.  He took me straight to the factory where they make them.


 


 
The man who makes the teardrop earrings wasn't there today. But, we went in back and watched some of the ladies make beads and paint them. People buy the beads to put on necklaces and bracelets. They are very pretty.




 

 

 

I didn't realize that almost everything in the showroom was 50% off! Oh my! But, I was good and didn't buy anything. That is, we didn't buy anything except my Christmas present. . . and I bought a couple of items from the clearance shelves.

 




I'm in awe every time I visit Fenton. They make the most beautiful pieces! If I had the room and the money, I would buy one of everything. 

I am lucky to live fairly close to them. I have went on signing days when family members signed my Fenton pieces. 

They don't make the vases, baskets, bowls, fairy lights, etc. any more. Now all they make is the jewelry.

 Fenton started in 1905.You can go here and read about them.

 
 

3 comments:

  1. This was a most interesting post. The photos are wonderful and the art work exquisite. I can see how you would want one of everything. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos Janet. Really pretty angel. Didn't even know they made jewelry.
    Enjoy those earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have a few Fenton pieces, sold them off, but I can still spot them afar off!
    Would love to have some of the jewelry pieces,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love comments! Leave one and brighten my day. If you are signing as Anonymous, please sign your name, so I will know who you are.